ArchiCAD 15 expands scope of BIM workflow to streamline renovation & refurb.
The latest version of Graphisoft’s BIM modeller, ArchiCAD 15 comes with a suite of new capabilities specifically targeted at improving the workflow of renovation and retrofit projects.
ArchiCAD 15 delivers pre-configured renovation plan types and drafting styles that follow local CAD standards and documentation conventions. “Existing,” “To Be Demolished” and “New” statuses provide the basis for creating various plan combinations of projects that represent the different statuses of a renovation project.
Martyn Day states: "In these challenging economic times of make do and mend, features for renovation and retrofit are the ‘new new’. This comes amid a general trend from Building Information Modelling (BIM) software developers to deal with as-built structures in a much more inclusive manner to meet the change in project mix of their customers. The renovation market in the UK is expected to be worth £46 billion in 2012."
As ArchiCAD is a BIM system and everything is modelled, the renovation filters also work in 3D, where the status of elements is even more clearly obvious.
To view a movie illustrating the renovation and retrofit workflow please click here
> Related Zones
> Tell us your news
If you have construction industry related news that you would like to have published, please use this submission service to have your news considered for publication Tell us…
> Product News
> Featured News
- Sika launches new joint sealants for commercial buildings
- Armstrong Ceilings heads up "Our bright green city" port
- Metsä Wood leads the way in timber engineering through BIM
- Art Deco restoration with Cembrit Diamond slates
- Kawneer glazing forms a dramatic link in Cardiff
- Rå Build method delivers masonry solution in same build time as timber-frame
- Marks & Spencer completes retro fit of energy efficiency lighting